The Beginning of Everything - Robyn Schneider

First of all, I wanna discuss the reason/s why I chose to read this book. I fell in love with the cover when I first saw it. Shortly after, I went to Goodreads and read the book blurb. It looks promising and tragic so I gave it a go.

I really love the cover and the meaning behind it. It doesn't only represent the traumatic and tragic incident that happened to Toby at the roller coaster ride at Disneyland, but also symbolizes life itself. that life is a roller coaster ride. Sometimes we're up. Sometimes we're down. Ezra's life is a definitive example of this.

"I was no longer Ezra Faulkner, golden boy, and maybe I hadn't been for a while, but the more time I spent with Cassidy, the more I was okay with it."
Ezra encountered a really unfortunate incident that changed his life. He was no longer the Golden Boy. Everyone looked at him differently after the accident as if the accident defined him. He doesn't want to hang around his old friends anymore because he thinks that the only thing that will glue him to them is pity. Well it's because they weren't his true friends. True friends stick around no matter what shit happens to your life. Which is why I love Toby's character. Toby is a true friend of Ezra's and it took Ezra a while to realize that. Then Cassidy came along. I also love Cassidy's character. She's mysterious, intelligent, beautiful and sarcastic without being annoying. Their conversations are smart, profound and punny (get it? pun-ny? ha!). I also can't get enough of all the hilarious puns that the characters are using.

This book is one of those with heart-wrenching endings. It didn't end the way we wanted to be but it just proves that life isn't supposed to be that way. People will enter our life either to fuck it up or change it for the better. Obstacles will come our way either to ruin us or to make us stronger and better persons.

I love the writing style. It speaks of true emotions yet put into strings of simple words. It's my first time to read a work by Robyn Schneider and it surely didn't disappoint.

"Oscar Wilde once said that to live is the rarest thing in the world, because most people just exist, and that’s all. I don’t know if he’s right, but I do know that I spent a long time existing, and now, I intend to live."