This Is How You Lose Her - Junot Díaz

I've been seeing this book long before but haven't really had the urge to pick it up and read it. At first, I thought it's another YA book about a cheesy romance that resulted to a bad break-up or something, but this book is beyond that simple equation. This book is mostly focused on, Yunior, a Dominican man living in the States, experiencing a LOT of shit and fuck-ups in his life. Aside from Yunior's fucked up family life, Yunior's experienced many bad break-ups mostly because he cheated. His brother, father and most of his friends were cheaters. People think that it runs on the blood. Yunior denied that at first. But when he stepped his feet on the road of cheating, he cannot further deny it. He fell in love with a handful of sensible women but being the cheater that he is, he fucks it up. It took a very long time before Yunior decided to flip the coin and started anew.

I love the animated, excruciating and frangible truth about modern love. The use of profane and Barbaric language only added up to the honest picture of human weakness and also added a comedic air in it.

This is the first work of Junot Díaz that I have read and it certainly won't be the last one. It did not disappoint. This is absolutely and easily one of my favorite books.